Ford GT Holman Moody Heritage Edition
Ford returns to New York to mark the debut of the original Ford GT40 prototype at the 1964 New York Auto Show and to introduce the 2022 Ford GT Holman Moody Edition for the first time.
Ford GT 2022
New to the Heritage Edition is a tribute to the GT40 MK II racing car that finished the famous 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1966 with 1st, 2nd and 3rd places on the podium.
“Of all the special edition Ford GTs we have created, the Holman Moody Heritage Edition, with its signature gold and red motif, is a tribute to our 1966 Le Mans victory,” said Mike Severson, Ford GT Program Manager. "Inspired by one of the most famous sports cars in GT40 history, this version is a tribute to the Holman Moody racing team, celebrating their experience and ability to overtake rivals on the world's circuits."
Holman Moody's team played a key role in the GT40's racing success. After the 1965 Le Mans race, the newly formed Ford Le Mans competition committee commissioned Holman Moody (and Shelby American) to modify the GT40 MK II. Chassis No. P / 1016, which completed more than 265 laps in eight days in January 1966, became a laboratory on wheels. The teams worked on reworking the brakes, suspension and tire selection to improve everything. Even an experimental automatic transmission was tested. They set themselves one goal - to win the Le Mans race in 1966.
This climate of innovation continues today. The 2022 Ford GT features track-specific components, a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission with paddle shifters, and carbon fiber bodywork.
The limited edition GT Holman Moody will be unveiled at this year's New York International Auto Show alongside the original Holman Moody GT40 MK II, chassis number P-1016, on the podium.
The latest anniversary edition of 2022 is a tribute to the car that secured Ford 1st, 2nd and 3rd at Le Mans.
The limited edition supercar's unique gold-red paint job is complemented by distinctive Oxford White number 5 ovals on the doors, hood and rear spoiler, all replicating the look of the 1966 Ford GT40. Among other things, shiny carbon fiber details are visible. on 20-inch wheels, front splitter, sills, mirrors, air intakes and rear diffuser. Black painted Brembo® brake calipers with silver graphics and black nuts further enhance the modern aesthetic.
Carbon fiber is also used in the cabin, door sills and instrument panel, and the door panels feature a brushed number 5 oval. The carbon fiber seats are covered in black Alcantara® wood with gold stitching, while the GT logo is embossed into the seat surfaces and headrests. The instrument panel is covered in leather and ebony Alcantara.
Gold accents on the dashboard, door moldings and roll cage are paired with brushed carbon fiber on moldings, sills, lower A-pillars and console. The steering wheel is finished in Ebony Alcantara with black stitching, while the paddle shifters are finished in Holman Moody Gold.
Other versions of the Heritage Edition series
The Ford GT Heritage Edition celebrates important milestones in motorsport history, including, of course, the Le Mans titles. There are a total of nine limited edition supercars in the series, two of which are still in production. These are, among other things:
- 2022 — Ford GT Alan Mann Legacy Edition In memory of Alan Mann's No. 16 Ford GT MK I Lightweight Experimental Prototype, which helped pave the way to a 1-2-3 victory at the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans; is currently in production.
- 2022 — Ford GT '64 Prototype Heritage Edition commemorating the roots of the Ford GT and five of its earliest prototypes; is currently in production.
- 2021 — Ford GT '66 Daytona Heritage Edition in honor of the Ford GT MK II No. 98 to give Ford a 1-2-3-5 position at Daytona in 1966, starting a magical season for the Ford GT40 MK II; only 50 examples were built.
- 2020 — Ford GT '69 Gulf Livery Edition Heritage Edition dedicated to the racing car Ford GT40 MK I No. 6 that won Le Mans in 1969; only 50 examples were built.
- 2019 — Ford GT '68 Gulf Livery Edition Heritage Editiondedicated to the Ford GT40 MK I No. 9 that won Le Mans in 1968; only 50 examples were built.
- 2018 — Ford GT '67 Legacy Edition dedicated to Ford GT40 MK IV No. 1 that won Le Mans in 1967; Only 39 copies were made.
- 2017 — Ford GT '66 Legacy Edition in honor of the No. 2 Ford GT40 MK II that won the 1966 Le Mans race; Only 27 copies were made.
- 2006 — Ford GT Gulf Heritage Edition livery to commemorate the GT40's double win at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1968 and 1969; A total of 343 vehicles were built.
The 2022 Ford Holman GT Holman Moody Heritage Edition is a model offered to confirmed Ford GT owners with first units arriving this spring.