Lexus Unveils Marvel Studios' Eternals Superhero Cars
Lexus creates luxury experiences inspired by people. This time, the superheroes with superpowers from the Marvel Studios film The Eternals, for which Lexus is the exclusive automotive partner, are the inspiration. Together with the film studio, 10 unique cars were developed with motifs referring to 10 superheroes from the highly anticipated film.
Each ethereal-themed vehicle of the Eternals has a custom-designed look that echoes their armor design, iconography, and superpowers. Additionally, a golden glow shines through the bars and is visible under the car, a reference to the energy shared by the characters in the film. The cars will take part in many events related to the promotion of the film, including the official film premiere.
“We are thrilled to be able to highlight our partnership with Eternals with this unique Lexus livery. Just as every superhero has their own style and set of supernatural skills, so does every Lexus,” said Vinay Shahani, Lexus vice president of marketing.
Here is a list of Lexus in Eternal livery:
- Ayak x Lexus GX: Played by Salma Hayek, Ajak is a strong leader. It has been merged with the most capable off-road vehicle, the GX.
- Friend x Lexus GX: Barry Keoghan played the role of Druig, a rebel with extraordinary strength and tenacity, so the GX suits his character the best.
- Gilgamesh x Lexus LX: Gilgamesh, played by Don Lee, is the strongest of the Eternals, so his soul mate is Lexus' biggest and most powerful SUV, the LX.
- Ikaris x Lexus LS: Lexus' flagship limousine, the LS, matches Richard Madden Ikaris, who is considered the tactical leader of the Eternals.
- Kingo x Lexus IS: Kingo, played by Kumail Nanjiani, was paired with powerful model IS, who starred in the American version of Lexus and Marvel Studios' Parking Spot.
- Makkari x Lexus RC F Track Edition: Lauren Ridloff plays Makkari, the Eternals' fastest character, so she's best suited for the fastest Lexus in the lineup, the RC F Track Edition.
- Fastos x Lexus LX: The LX is technologically advanced, so it was obvious that it paired with Phastos, the team's tech guru. Brian Tyree Henry is depicted in the film.
- Sersi x Lexus RC F: One of the strongest Lexus cars is RC F, and one of the strongest characters on the team is Sersi, played by Gemma Chan.
- Sprite x Lexus NX: NX, a crossover that can do anything, perfectly complements Sprite's illusion skill. This role is played by Leah McHugh.
- Tena x Lexus LC 500: Thena, played by Angelina Jolie, is the perfect match for the stylish and elegant Lexus LC 500.
“After such a successful Black Panther story, we are delighted to be working with Lexus again. Along with a quirky video directed by the Russo brothers and Kumail Nanjiani starring as Kingo, the vehicles inspired by The Eternals show that storytelling can go beyond traditional media,” said Mindy Hamilton, Vice President of Global Affiliate Marketing. at Marvel Studios.
In October, Lexus and Marvel Studios aired a commercial titled "Parking Spot" starring Kumail Nanjiani as Kingo. The film was directed by the Russo Brothers, who created four Marvel Studios productions, including the box office hit Avengers: Endgame. On the European side, Kingo has a very human problem to solve before he can join the superhero clash that's taking place downtown: he must find a place to park his new Lexus NX 450h + electric plug-in hybrid that combines expressive design, intuitive clear innovation and usability without limits. In the American version, Kingo drives a Lexus IS 500 F SPORT Performance.
About Marvel's The Eternals
Marvel's The Eternals follows the fate of a group of non-stellar heroes who have defended Earth since the dawn of humanity. When monstrous beings called Deviants, long lost to history, mysteriously return, the Eternals are forced to band together again to protect humanity once again.
The superb cast includes Gemma Chan as the human-loving Sersi, Richard Madden as the all-powerful Ikaris, Kumail Nanjiani as the cosmic force Kingo, Leah McHugh as the young body but mature spirit Sprite, Brian Tyree Henry as the clever inventor Fastos, Lauren Ridloff as the super-fast Makkari, Barry Keoghan as the hermit Druig, Don Lee as the mighty Gilgamesh, Kit Harington as Dane Whitman, Salma Hayek as the wise spiritual leader Ajak and Angelina Jolie as the fierce warrior Thena.
The film was directed by Chloe Zhao, produced by Kevin Feige and Nate Moore, and executive produced by Louis D'Esposito, Victoria Alonso and Kevin de la Noy. The screenplay was written by Ryan Firpo and Kaz Firpo, while the screenplay was written by Chloe Zhao and Patrick Burley and Ryan Firpo and Kaz Firpo.
Marvel Studios' The Eternals premiered in European theaters in early November 2021.