New e-partner Peugeot
The Peugeot brand is one of the first manufacturers to offer a full line of electric commercial vehicles in Europe and continues its offensive in this segment. Peugeot is proud to introduce the new Peugeot e-Partner, which complements the offering of the new Peugeot e-Expert (International Van of the Year 2021) and Peugeot e-Boxer.
Subsequent generations of the Peugeot Partner enjoyed great market success. The model has won numerous awards, including the title of "International Van of the Year 2019". Since its launch in 1996, it has sold 2 million units and has appeared on markets in more than 100 countries.
The latest generation Peugeot Partner has been the European market leader in the small delivery van segment since its debut in 2018. Now available with 100% electric drive. The new Peugeot e-Partner is a prime example of the Power Of Choice brand's strategy of choosing between combustion and electric drive. It offers:
- range up to 275 km in accordance with the WLTP protocol (pending approval),
- 2 body lengths (standard and long),
- 2 body types: van (up to 3 seats) and brigade van (up to 5 seats),
- the ability to tow a trailer up to 750 kg,
- payload up to 800 kg,
- load capacity up to 4.4 m3, exactly the same as the combustion versions.
The new Peugeot e-Partner, comfortable in every situation, ideal for every job, with a large cargo area, a workplace with everyday comforts, expressive style and cutting-edge technologies such as the Peugeot i-Cockpit® (driver's seat concept with: digital clock in direct driver visibility, touchscreen and compact steering wheel). The new Peugeot e-Partner also allows you to reach the city center without restrictions.
Retains all the features of the original Peugeot Partner - without compromise and with zero emissions. Now it's possible.
100% electric technology and performance of the next generation small electric van:
The new Peugeot e-Partner, developed on the EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform), offers a 100% electric motor with a maximum power of 100 kW and a maximum torque of 260 Nm, available from the moment of launch, which provides an immediate response before pressing the gas pedal, without vibrations, noise, gear shifting, exhaust odor and, of course, no CO2 emissions.
The electric drivetrain (electric motor and inverter plus charger with DC/AC converter) is similar to that found on the Peugeot e-EXPERT. As with this model, the gearbox has been modified to meet the payload needs of commercial vehicle users.
Performance in POWER mode is as follows (data pending):
- maximum speed: 130 km/h,
- acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h: 11.2 seconds,
- acceleration from 80 to 120 km / h: 8.9 seconds.
Both versions (standard and long) are equipped with a 50 kWh lithium-ion battery (18 cells) that provides a range of up to 275 km (pending homologation) in accordance with WLTP (World Harmonized Passenger Car Test Procedures) homologation. protocol depending on version and driving style. The thermoregulation system connected to the cab cooling system allows the battery to be quickly charged, extending its life and ensuring an optimal range.
There are two types of built-in chargers to suit every need and different charging sources. A 7.4kW single-phase charger is offered as standard, and an 11kW three-phase charger is available as an option.
The charging socket, located on the left rear fender, allows you to charge in several ways: from a standard socket, from a reinforced socket or from a Wall Box terminal, and even from a fast charging station. The charging modes of the 50 kWh battery are varied and adapted to different situations in everyday car use.
Charging is possible in many ways: at home, at work or from public stations:
- from a standard outlet (8 A): fully charges the battery in 31 hours,
- from a reinforced socket (16 A): fully charge the battery in 15 hours,
- from the 7.4 kW Wall Box station: fully charges the battery in 7.5 hours with single-phase current using the 7.4 kW on-board charger,
- from the 11 kW Wall Box station: fully charged in 5 hours with a three-phase on-board charger (11 kW),
- from the fast charging station - the battery cooling system allows you to use chargers with a capacity of 100 kW and charge up to 80% of their capacity within 30 minutes.
The new Peugeot e-Partner offers passengers the highest level of thermal comfort thanks to:
- use of a powerful heating element (5 kW),
- heated seats (depending on version),
- pre-cooling or heating of the vehicle programmed via the touch screen (depending on the version) or remotely via the MyPeugeot® smartphone app (depending on the version). In addition to comfort, by connecting the vehicle to a charging outlet, this feature optimizes the range of the vehicle by reaching the optimum operating temperature of the battery more quickly.
Permanent electronic will of the driver's seat:
From the driver's point of view, the center console is designed to accommodate:
- the new e-toggle transmission control switch is ergonomic and perfectly integrated, provides distance to the Park / Reverse / Neutral / Drive and Brake functions,
- driving mode switch (3 modes),
- storage compartment with inductive smartphone charging.
The new Peugeot e-Partner offers three driving modes that can be selected using a dedicated switch:
- Eco (60 kW, 190 Nm) - for extended range and smooth running,
- Normal (80 kW, 210 Nm) - the best mode for everyday use,
- Power (100kW, 260Nm) – Provides optimum performance when transporting heavy loads.
There are also two braking modes that control the respective battery charging modes:
- moderate, providing an experience similar to driving a car with an internal combustion engine,
- Reinforced - available after selecting mode B ("Brake") by the transmission controller, provides stronger engine braking when the gas pedal is released, which increases the range of the car.
All versions of the new Peugeot e-Partner are equipped with an electric parking brake. Automatic brake control not only increases floor space, but also provides comfort and peace of mind during everyday driving. The Peugeot i-Cockpit® advances technologically with two new instrument panels that provide the driver with all the information they need to drive an all-electric car efficiently.
100% numeric keypad for clock and indicators is available as an option. This is a novelty in the segment of electric vans. It is equipped with a built-in 10-inch high-definition digital screen. Information is displayed in a new interface in line with the brand's new visual style. You can change their settings and personalize them.
Several display modes, which can be changed using the handle on the steering wheel, allow the driver to choose the settings that suit him. This can be, for example, the display of navigation information, electric traction control or data from driving assistance systems.
The new Peugeot e-Partner will go on sale in Europe in the second half of 2021 and will be built in Vigo, Spain.