With over 800,000 vehicles since its debut in 2016, the PEUGEOT 3008 SUV is the market leader in compact SUVs. The model achieves excellent sales results in Europe and non-European markets. The crown of his success was the victory in the nomination "Car of the Year 2017".
The PEUGEOT brand is proud to present the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV.
The expressive style of the new version of the SUV introduces us to the stylistic canons of a new era of design. The car has become very modern with a redesigned front end, new Full LED taillights, new exterior colors and the first Black Pack offered.
The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV perfectly embodies the Power of Choice strategy, offering a choice of plug-in hybrid systems with single or all-wheel drive, as well as combustion, petrol and diesel engines that perfectly combine driving pleasure and efficiency. The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV makes no compromises when it comes to smart technology - it features the latest generation of driving aids and the next generation PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with a new digital instrument cluster with a high-quality display and a new 10-inch display. Touch screen HD.
Not only are the equipment and driving pleasure new, but the concept of the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV line is similar to that of the recently launched PEUGEOT 308 line. It includes three trim levels. Additional equipment is available as packages.
Inspiring exterior design
The front of the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV has been redesigned to stay at the forefront of design. It opens a new canon of modern design and at the same time emphasizes aesthetic refinement and dynamism.
The new rimless grill is an extremely successful attribute of modern style, while maintaining the smooth lines of the body. Its continuation is the slats for the lamps, which connect all the elements into a harmonious whole. The model number is displayed proudly at the end of the bonnet, as is the case with the entire PEUGEOT range.
The sporty styling is enhanced by glossy black side air intakes and a painted skid plate integrated into the new bumpers and available from the lowest trim level. The GT and GT Pack versions have a distinctive grille, the design of which perfectly emphasizes the vehicle's higher class in terms of design.
The redesigned headlights have become more aggressive and definitely stand out from the current canons. Already in the basic configuration, they have LEDs and are complemented by daytime running lights with a chrome tip. The interesting arrangement of the headlights fits perfectly into the style of PEUGEOT and allows you to recognize the brand's cars at a glance. The full LED headlights of the GT and GT Pack versions have an even more technological look and are eye-catching with their shape and the Cornering Lights (EVS) function, which improves visibility at speeds up to 90 km/h. The fog lights have been replaced with a "Foggy Mode" feature built into the full LED headlights. In the event of fog, the dipped beam headlamps operate at reduced luminous intensity when the rear fog lamps are on.
The new, more modern rear lights are also equipped with Full LED technology (including reversing lights) with the three-dimensional claw mark that distinguishes the brand's vehicles. The new model is also equipped with sequential indicators.
The clear smoke lenses are a natural extension of the black stripe on the tailgate and make the vehicle look wider. Seen from the side of the GT package, the new 19-inch diamond-cut San Francisco alloy wheels underline the uniqueness of this version. The GT badging on the front fenders and tailgate also has a more modern shape.
The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV will be available in several body colors:
- Blue Celebes (new)
- Blue Vertigo (new)
- pearl white
- Artens gray
- Gray platinum
- Black Pearl Nera
- Red Absolute
For discerning, style-conscious customers, the top-of-the-range GT and GT Pack trims offer a new Black Pack option. It includes numerous elements in dark colors:
- Grille and "Dark Chrome" logo,
- 3008/GT/PEUGEOT logo in matt black,
- Glossy black bottom cover,
- Gloss black front fender moldings,
- Roof rails in matt black
- Roof stripes in brilliant black,
- Black glossy spoiler lip,
- Black high-gloss rear bumper trim,
- Black door bottom
- Special 19” Washington Black Onyx rims with fog black paint.
Symbolic of the brand's so-called "Power of Choice" concept are the two plug-in hybrids on the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV:
- HYBRID4 300 e-EAT8 with all-wheel drive, CO2 emissions from 29 g/km and range up to 59 km in 100% electric mode (via WLTP protocol),
- HYBRID 225 e-EAT8 with two-wheel drive, CO2 emissions from 30 g/km and range up to 56 km in 100% electric mode (according to WLTP protocol).
Incredibly efficient and powerful, the HYBRID4 300 e-EAT8 drive is a combination of a 200 hp PureTech engine. (147 kW) and two electric motors: a front axle with an e-EAT8 gearbox with a power of 110 hp. the second engine on the rear axle with a power of 112 hp. (83 kW).
All-wheel drive, also available in electric mode, provides better traction in rough terrain or uneven road conditions. The result is excellent traction - even on wet, muddy, snowy or winding roads, power is distributed evenly to all four wheels.
All-wheel drive version of the HYBRID with 225 hp. (165 kW) is a combination of a 180 hp PureTech engine. (132 kW) with a 110 hp electric motor. (80 kW) connected to the e-EAT8 gearbox.
Both versions are built on the highly efficient EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform) and equipped with a multi-link rear suspension that guarantees the perfect balance between comfort and driving pleasure. In addition, the adopted decision does not reduce either the interior or the capacity of the luggage compartment above the floor.
The lithium-ion battery has a capacity of 13.2 kWh. There are two types of built-in chargers to suit every need and different charging sources. A 3.7 kW single-phase charger is offered as standard, and a 7.4 kW single-phase charger is available as an option.
Estimated charging time from different stations is:
- from the 7.4 kW Wall Box station: fully charge the battery in 1 hour 45 minutes at single-phase current using the 7.4 kW on-board charger,
- from a reinforced 16 A socket: fully charges the battery in 4 hours with single-phase current using a 3.7 kW on-board charger,
- from a standard 8 A socket: fully charges the battery in 7 hours with single-phase current using the 3.7 kW on-board charger.
The concept of TCO (or Total Cost of Ownership), well known to business customers, applies to individual customers as well. The cost of buying a plug-in hybrid vehicle is higher, but buyers should consider all factors:
- numerous financial incentives in some countries (environmental subsidies, bonuses, company subsidies),
- lower maintenance costs,
- lower energy cost.
The goal is to achieve the same total cost of ownership for a car with an internal combustion engine and its electrified version. The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV is available with the following low CO2 combustion engines (from 129 g/km). They comply with the latest Euro 6 regulations and are homologated in accordance with the WLTP protocol (Worldwide Harmonized Passenger Car Test Procedures).
- Three-cylinder with a displacement of 1.2 liters:
- PureTech 130 S&S 6-speed manual
- PureTech 130 S&S EAT8.
- Four-cylinder 1.6-liter displacement:
- PureTec 180 EAT8.
- Four-cylinder 1.5-liter engine:
- BlueHdi 130 S&S with 6 speed manual transmission
- BlueHDi 130 S&S EAT8.
Interesting and original assortment structure
The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV marks a new addition to the range in terms of styling and equipment. This will ensure greater readability of the offer and enrich the equipment of the individual versions.
The range is based on three trim levels. Each of them can be supplemented with packages. It is a response to the expectations of customers who are looking for higher comfort, aesthetics or functionality. The different gear levels are as follows (with a few gear examples):
- ACTIVE - 17" Aluminum Wheels / Visibility Package / Hands Free Keyless Start / Dual Zone A/C / Rear Parking Assist / Digital Radio (DAB),
- ACTIVE Pack - ACTIVE+ Mirror Screen / Power Folding Side Mirrors / Front Parking Assist and VisioPark 1,
- ALLURE - 18" aluminum wheels / Optional tinted windows / Safety Plus package / Navigation with 10" HD screen / Eco leather and fabric upholstery,
- ALLURE Pack - ALLURE + / Hands-free keyless start and entry + Roof rails + Passenger seat with fold-down function + Special interior lighting package and textile trims,
- GT - Special 18" alloy wheels / Black Diamond roof / Drive Assist Plus package / Full LED headlights / Eco leather and Alcantara® upholstery,
- GT package - GT + 19" aluminum wheels / Contactless tailgate / City 2 package / HiFi FOCAL® / Power seat package with massage function.
Driving pleasure is in the genes of the new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV, which offers perfect traction, high-end driving and driving comfort, and is very agile in the city thanks to a minimum turning radius of 10.7 m.
The new PEUGEOT 3008 SUV will go on sale in Europe later this year. The new model is produced in France at the Sochaux plant.