Horatio Pagani's latest creation, the Utopia, is fitted exclusively with Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres. The new hypercar was presented at the Museum of Science and Technology. Leonardo da Vinci in Milan with specially designed Pirelli tires. Specialized tires provide not only top performance in all conditions, but also comfort in the cabin, while maximizing the driving experience and dynamic performance of this hypercar.
Pagani Utopia + Pirelli P Zero Corsa
In order to meet the requirements of the new car model, Pirelli has chosen the P Zero Corsa tire model, which draws on extensive motorsport experience. The technology used in the rubber compound and tread pattern allows the tire to withstand extremely high power and torque over the entire temperature range and on any type of road surface.
Using this tire as a starting point, Pirelli developed the P Zero Corsa all-round tire to deliver the ultimate in comfort that is an integral part of the Utopia design conceived by Horacio Pagani.
In addition, the tires have an embossed car silhouette symbol on the sidewall to emphasize the individual approach to their design. Driving dynamics is provided by two tire sizes front and rear: 265/35ZR21 at the front and 325/30ZR22 at the rear. A specially designed P Zero winter tire is also available for colder conditions.
The Pagani Utopia tires were developed using a virtual environment. This design approach was initiated in motorsports and then carried over to products designed for road-approved vehicles. Recent advances in this technology allow Pirelli engineers to create digital tire models that can be accurately calibrated and tested before a physical prototype is created.
This methodology is faster, more sustainable and much more efficient than the traditional manufacturing process. It also gives Pirelli the ability to pinpoint tires to exact manufacturer specifications and then test them virtually, saving time and raw materials.
Cooperation between Pirelli and Pagani
The collaboration between Pirelli and Pagani has been going on for more than a decade, combining the latest technology with timeless style. Highlights of this historic partnership include the P Zero tires for the Pagani Zonda, the P Zero Trofeo R for the Pagani Huayra Roadster BC, and now the new P Zero Corsa tire for Utopia. The next chapters of this collaboration are still being written...
Key Features of Pagani Utopia:
- Dry weight: 1280 kg
- Power: 864 HP (635 kW) at 6000 rpm at 18°C
- Torque: 1,100 Nm from 2,800 to 5,900 rpm.
- Engine: Pagani V12 60° 5980 cc cm with twin turbocharger - specially developed by Mercedes-AMG
- Transmission: Pagani by Xtrac, 7-speed transverse AMT (automatic manual transmission) or purely manual transmission with electromechanical differential.
- Chassis: Pagani Carbo-Titanium HP62 G2 and Carbo-Triax HP62 monocoque with tubular chromoly alloy steel subframes front and rear
- Suspension: Forged aluminum alloy double wishbone with wave springs and electronically controlled dampers.
- Braking System: Pagani by Brembo 4 ventilated carbon-ceramic brake unit, 410x38mm with 6-piston monolithic calipers at the front and 390x34mm with 4-piston monolithic calipers at the rear
- Wheels: APP - forged aluminum alloy, 21″ front and 22″ rear
- Tires: Pirelli PZero Corsa 265/35 R21 front and 325/30 R22 rear; Pirelli SottoZero for driving at low temperatures
Photo: Pagani, Info: Pirelli press office