The MC20 supercar is now also a spyder: Maserati introduces the MC20 Cielo, a one-of-a-kind machine that delivers the performance of a true supercar and offers a holistic, immersive experience never seen before in the automotive world.
Maserati MC20 Cielo
The features of the new Spyder are already revealed in the MC20 Cielo name: MC stands for Maserati Corse (“Racing”), 20 stands for 2020, which marks the beginning of a new era in the brand’s history, and Cielo (“heaven”). ) underscores the fact that this is a model designed for the enjoyment of outdoor driving – with all the benefits of a coupé variant.
Powered by the revolutionary V6 Nettuno engine, the new MC20 Cielo offers the perfect combination of sportiness and luxury. This is due to a specification that is unique in the segment, including an innovative folding glass roof.
In practice, the new Spyder represents the junction between Maserati's courage and the infinity of the heavenly realm, offering a special "feeling of paradise".
The model is equipped with an ultra-modern electrochromic window (intelligent glass), the light transmission of which can be changed immediately by pressing a button on the central screen - and choose between transparency or opacity. This is the effect of using a dispersive liquid crystal polymer (PDLC). The roof is also best-in-class in terms of thermal insulation and speed of opening and closing - one way or the other takes just 12 seconds.
The MC20 Cielo is modern thinking, so it delivers a “multi-sensory” driving experience: holistic with the opaque roof closed, exceptional cockpit lighting when the roof is transparent, and the overall folding experience.
Developed in the Maserati Innovation Lab and built in the historic Viale Ciro Menotti plant, the new Spyder, like the coupé version, is built in Italy on 100 % and Modena on 100 %. Cielo MC20 is designed with excellence in mind. The car weighs only 65 kg more than the coupe. This is the result of painstaking, precise work at individual stages of design. In addition to an exceptional weight-to-power ratio, the carbon-fiber chassis (the same for all three planned configurations: coupe, spider and future electric version) guarantees torsional rigidity without compromise, offering a combination of exceptional road and track handling.
The new Spyder is a car with an elegant yet very sporty appearance. Its character and personality draw attention with its clean lines and sophisticated aerodynamics, which have been extensively tested in the wind tunnel, both open and closed.
There is nothing superfluous here - everything has a function. The only concession to the “wow” effect is the raised door, like in the MC20 supercar. They provide much easier access to and exit from the cabin, as well as exposing the carbon cockpit and completely exposing the car's front wheel.
Aesthetically, the premiere version is distinguished by the new three-layer Acquamarina metallic paint, available as part of the Maserati Fuoriserie personalization program. It is a color that harmonizes with the light, presenting itself in an amazing way. The base is finished in a racing-inspired pastel grey, reminiscent of the MC20's sporty DNA. It is complemented by iridescent aquamarine flakes that enliven the shade and make it unique.
The specification of the new model is enriched with a wide range of active safety systems. In addition to the parking sensors, reversing cameras and blind spot monitoring available on the MC20 from model year 2022, the new Spyder introduces autonomous emergency braking, traffic sign information and a suite of 360° cameras.
Upon request, the MC20 Cielo can offer an optional Sonus faber High Premium sound system. The EISA award-winning MC20 coupe audio system has been specifically optimized for the Spyder's unique acoustic requirements and cabin layout. The 12 speakers are arranged in such a way as to obtain the natural sound that distinguishes Sonus faber audio systems. Driving is controlled by the Maserati Intelligent Assistant (MIA) infotainment system with Maserati Connect services.
Connecting with the heavens will be the theme of the world premiere of the new Maserati Spyder, opening up a whole new dimension. All you need to do is raise your head and look at the sky.
Specifications Maserati MC20 Cielo
- Engine system V6, 90°
- Volume 3.0 liters
- Bore x Stroke 88mm x 82mm
- Compression ratio 11:1
- Maximum power 630 hp
- Engine speed for maximum power 7500 rpm
- Maximum torque 730 Nm
- Engine speed at maximum torque 3000-5500 rpm
- Firing order 1-6-3-4-2-5
- Maximum engine speed 8000 rpm
- Maserati Twin Combustion (MTC) Twin Spark ignition system with passive prechamber
- PDI supply system (direct injection at 350 bar + prechamber, pressure 6 bar)
- Biturbo boost (Twin Side Turbo) with electronic wastegate
- Lubrication Fully adjustable oil pump, dry sump with bilge pumps and external oil reservoir
- Timing two overhead camshafts (in the head), variable valve timing
- 0-100 km/h in about 3.0 seconds
- 0-200 km/h 9.2 seconds
- Maximum speed > 320 km/h
- Braking distance 100-0 km/h <33 м
- Cx coefficient 0.39
- DCT transmission, 8 gears
- Ratios 2.905/1.759/1.220/0.878/0.653/0.508/0.397/0.329/R 2.632:1
- Final drive ratio 5 174
- Front double wishbones, virtual steering axle, anti-roll bar (optional: front axle lift system)
- Rear double wishbones, virtual steering axle, stabilizer bar
- Front 380 x 34 mm ventilated discs (option: CCM 390 x 36 discs) with Brembo 6-piston fixed calipers
- Rear 350×27mm ventilated discs (option: CCM 360×28 discs) with Brembo 4-piston fixed calipers
- Before 245/35 ЗР20
- Rear 305/30 ZR20
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- Length 4669 mm
- Width (with outside mirrors) 2178 mm
- Width (without exterior mirrors) 1965 mm
- Height 1218 mm
- Wheelbase 2700 mm
- Front track 1680 mm
- Rear wheel track 1648 mm
- Front overhang 1077 mm
- Rear overhang 892 mm
- turning radius 11.8 m
- Rear luggage compartment capacity 100 l
- Front luggage compartment volume 50 l
- Fuel tank capacity 60 l
- Curb weight 1540 kg
- Weight distribution: front/rear 40%/60%